-->
How Create Ane Dorsum Upwardly My Macbook Pro Too Synology Nas?

How Create Ane Dorsum Upwardly My Macbook Pro Too Synology Nas?

How Create Ane Dorsum Upwardly My Macbook Pro Too Synology Nas?

How create I dorsum upward my MacBook Pro in addition to Synology NAS?
Now y'all almost sure enough volition come across many weblog posts nigh the importance of backup in addition to thus I volition assume that y'all are familiar amongst the 3-2-1 backup strategy. This agency that y'all should bring at to the lowest degree 3 of your data. Locally, your principal calculator has your raw information in addition to copies on other devices, such equally an external difficult disk. In addition, y'all volition proceed merely about other re-create inwards the cloud. Keep inwards heed that external difficult drives create non bespeak to live on connected to your calculator to forbid lightning strikes on your identify when y'all create non lose both copies at the same time, y'all may experience ability spikes or live on affected past times Ransomware. In this article, I volition innovate how to dorsum upward my calculator (a MacBook Pro) in addition to Synology NAS that contains Terrabytes irreplaceable data. To forbid information loss due to ability outages or ability spikes, I recommend using an uninterruptible ability render (UPS) similar this.


Online Backup

H5N1 few years ago, I used Back blaze for online backup. They brand the backup calculator real simple. However, since their encryption is invalid, I create non recommend them.
In addition, they create non let y'all to dorsum upward network shares, such equally NAS. I likewise desire to dorsum upward my NAS because it is where all my photos are (not the SSD on my MacBook).
Now I dorsum upward my MacBook Pro in addition to my NAS to Amazon Drive (formerly Amazon Cloud Drive). To create this, I used Arq to dorsum upward my MacBook Pro in addition to Synology's Hyper Backup to dorsum upward my NAS. Arq creates a backup of the difficult drive, encrypts it locally, encrypts my information earlier it enters the cloud, in addition to uploads it to your chosen cloud account.

I chose Amazon Drive because Amazon Drive is the entirely Drive provider that offers unlimited storage at consumer-friendly prices. All competitors including Dropbox, Google Drive, in addition to Microsoft OneDrive offering upward to 1TB of storage, or if y'all bespeak more, the cost is unreasonable. Unlimited storage allows me to dorsum upward my entire NAS to the cloud, non merely my MacBook. My NAS currently consists of 3 3 TB difficult drives configured equally SHR (Synology Hybrid RAID). So my NAS tin shipping away concord 6TB of data. Although I bring non filled inwards the 6TB of information yet, I similar Amazon in addition to volition non confine me because of my information growth.
(Bootable) Offline Backup
Because the mesh is relatively deadening in addition to y'all are non ever connected to the internet, of course, y'all likewise bespeak offline backup. Apple's macOS has built-in TimeMachine. Although TimeMachine is definitely ameliorate than no role in addition to it is real slowly to role for non-technical users, it is withal real bad. In to a greater extent than cases, the backup volition live on damaged. Especially if y'all nigh downwards your MacBook or dorsum upward to a network device other than the Apple Time Capsule (such equally a Synology NAS) during the backup process. You volition entirely honour that subsequently your information is lost, your backup volition non live on able to recover the lost files. This is why I don't role TimeMachine at all.

So what should I use? There are 2 options: Super Duper in addition to Carbon Copy Cloner. I role Carbon Copy Clones. They are all identical, in that location are pocket-sized differences. Therefore, each i considers the same equally the i in addition to which is non important. However, inwards my opinion, this is a difference. Carbon Copy Cloner duplicates Mac's Recovery hard disk partition, Super Duper does not.
I promise this is useful to you, in addition to I bring explained everything real clearly. If so, delight experience costless to part or link to this page.





Blogger
Disqus
Pilih Sistem Komentar

No comments

Advertiser